This is a part-time position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. Part-time positions may have routine or variable work schedule.
Denver Parks and Recreation's Fitness division serves all fitness levels through a variety of services led by more than 100 fitness professionals. Services include over 200 group fitness classes offered citywide, as well as specialized programs such as Boot Camps, personal training, youth fitness and personalized nutrition programs to promote wellness for Denver citizens. To learn more about Denver Parks and Recreation's Fitness division, please visit Fitness & Personal Training webpage.
Certified Personal Trainers provide one-on-one instruction in fitness programming, demonstrating proper techniques and methods for participants, and ensuring a safe, fun, and enriching fitness environment. Be a part of our progressive Denver Parks and Recreation Department and join our high-caliber fitness team dedicated to the health and fitness of Denver's residents!
· Develop exercise programs designed for a variety of levels and lead clients through workouts in individual, small group, and/or large group settings
· Demonstrate appropriate modifications of exercises and assist clients in setting attainable goals
· Perform consultations and fitness assessments on clients and potential clients
· Provide professional, safe, and effective demonstrations while offering ongoing motivation and feedback to clients
· Create enthusiastic and energetic workout environments while providing specific emphasis on safety and proper execution of movements
· Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of cardiovascular and resistance training instruction, flexibility training, functional training, safety/spotting, fitness testing, and general nutrition
· Meet the outstanding customer service standards of Denver Parks and Recreation
· Keep current on all certifications and industry practices
· Keep a schedule of times to train participants in the mornings, evenings, and/or weekends
· Show a willingness to answer questions and utilize positive conflict resolution skills
· Maintain a clean and safe orderly work area
· Keep all client forms and files up to date and comply with employee procedures and expectations as detailed in the employee manual
· Assist in recruitment, retention, program marketing, and special events