Are you a professional who thrives on working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, helping your clients envision and achieve their personal fitness goals? Do you seek a workplace which sets its trainers up for success and values each trainer’s unique contributions? Do you enjoy building long term relationships with clients and co-workers? If so, your needs and the needs of JCC Greater Boston may be aligned. We are seeking do add to our team of outstanding trainers. Under the supervision of the Fitness Director, Personal Trainers are responsible for managing and maintaining the fitness floor, being responsive to members by offering assistance and educating them on the safe and correct use of cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Additionally, Personal Trainers perform (Fit Plans) consultations and orientations/assessments, sell personal training packages, conduct one-on-one personal training sessions and answer fitness related questions. This is a part time position.
- Perform member fitness center orientations (Fit Plans) based on JCC’s protocol, evaluate health history, conduct assessments, demonstrate equipment usage and develop a safe, effective workout plan.
- Maintain a current online schedule, tracking appointments, check ins and payments.
- Keep up-to-date on current JCC program offerings. Encourage new members to participate in other JCC program offerings.
- Develop safe and effective exercise programs utilizing progression; programs are consistent with member’s goals/needs and within the scope of your education and knowledge you currently possess.
- Represent the Fitness Center in a positive & professional manner at all times. Provide excellent customer service both to your clients and to others using the facilities.
- Share responsibility for floor shifts with other trainers and Health & Wellness staff members. Circulate fitness floor and assist members in safe and effective exercise form.
- Promote the JCC personal training program. This includes encouraging maintaining a client base and existing clients to continue as well as encouraging new sign ups (e.g. during fitness center orientations, fitness floor shifts and contacting interested members within 24 hours of receiving a lead).
- Assist in development and implementation of new programs and classes.
- Attend all mandatory Personal Trainer meetings, training and development.
- While on shift, trainers will follow the Daily Action Plan and complete all items on the checklist
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized fitness floor. Report equipment issues to the Fitness Director.
- Enforce all Fitness Center, Cardio Deck & Indoor Track policies.
- Nationally accredited training certification (ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE)
- CPR/AED Certified
- 2 years experience in the health and fitness industry
- Computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Excel and Fitness related software
- Must possess up-to-date knowledge of fitness protocols
- JCC Greater Boston requires that new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of hire. The JCC will consider requests for medical or religious exemption that do not pose undue hardship or a direct threat to health or safety.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace busy environment
- Must be willing to work nights and weekend hours
- Position calls for sitting, standing, and walking throughout the building
- Routinely lifts and carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 45 pounds
- Occasionally lifts objects over 45 pounds
- Able to work on site in Newton and adhere to JCC Greater Boston’s COVD safety protocols
JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. Over 99% of our staff have been vaccinated. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings when appropriate to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a wonderful community and a great team, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.