We are looking for an energetic, fun, and enthusiastic Exercise Specialist that is passionate about supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high profile company’s fitness center located in Lincoln, RI.
- Conduct on-going fitness consultations for participants, including movement screens, needs analysis, and goal setting in order to recommend appropriate fitness programming and complementary wellness services.
- Develop comprehensive progressive fitness programming to support and motivate participants and ensure a positive overall experience.
- Monitor, engage and instruct participants in the fitness center on safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility, and strength training equipment within the facility.
- Educate participants on clinically proven health and fitness information, available fitness and engagement programming, and complementary wellness services.
- Complete internal development courses through learning management platform.
- Maintain positive customer/client experience by providing the highest quality of service.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or in a related field and/or NCCA accredited Personal Training certification.
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Current knowledge and industry standards of excellence in exercise testing (assessments) and exercise prescription (program design).
- Knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, Kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc.
- Knowledge about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Plus One, an Optum Company will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. Our services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company:
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for career growth nationwide
- Energetic atmosphere that promotes a work/life balance with a flexible schedule and weekends off
- Health and life insurance for eligible team members
- Disability and voluntary benefits for eligible team members
- Paid time off for eligible team members
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to state of the art facilities with functional training areas and top-of-the line strength and cardio equipment
- Continuous internal growth and career development with free continuing education opportunities and credits
- FREE CPR/AED re-certification
- Exclusive company discounts on select services, products, conferences and events
- Qualified transportation and parking benefit
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR department at email@example.com.