We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Exercise Specialist who is passionate about supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high-profile company’s fitness center located in San Francisco, CA.
What you will do:
- Conduct ongoing fitness consultations for participants, including movement screens, needs analyses and goal setting, in order to recommend appropriate fitness programming and complementary wellness services.
- Develop comprehensive progressive fitness programming to support and motivate participants and ensure a positive overall experience.
- Monitor, engage and instruct participants in the fitness center on the safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment within the facility.
- Educate participants on clinically proven health and fitness information, available fitness and engagement programming and complementary wellness services.
- Complete internal development courses through a learning management platform.
- Maintain positive customer and client experience by providing the highest quality of service.
What we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology or a related field, or a NCCA-accredited personal training certification.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Industry knowledge in exercise testing (assessments) and exercise prescription (program design), and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment.
- Ability to network, engage and interact with all clients, guests and members.
- Competence with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. These services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company include:
- Team member health and savings
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Team member well-being:
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness rewards program
- Membership to a fitness and wellness subscription-based platform
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
- Team member growth and development support
- Complimentary professional development and continuing education courses
- Discounted industry certifications and events
- CPR/AED reimbursements
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Internal development program
- Employee Referral Reward program
Plus One, an Optum company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR department at email@example.com.
For residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City, and Washington only : The hourly rate for this position ranges from $15 to $25. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.