Fitness Floor Attendant
Schedule is fill-in/substitute, working as needed basis.
Looking to get into the fitness industry, then this is the opportunity for you. HealthFitness has a new opportunity for an fill-in (number of hours per week based on demand) Fitness Floor Attendant to join our team within our client's corporate fitness center located in Philadelphia, PA ! In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision and interacting with members and program participants within the fitness center.
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Manages front desk and membership system and equipment usage during peak usage periods.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times.
- Understand and execute the Emergency Medical Procedures throughout the facility.
- Demonstrate and instruct on the proper use of exercise equipment.
- Provides safe and effective instruction of all cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
- Conducts fitness equipment orientations.
- Inspects the fitness center and all equipment to ensure it’s clean and safe to use, reporting and restricting the use of broken equipment.
- Knows and abides by facility policy and procedures, advising members as appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Adult CPR/AED & First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or the American Safety & Health Institute will be required within first 30 days of hire.
- Prior fitness and customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Computer application knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
- Physical demands require having the ability to lift 25-45 lb. weights for restacking.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
- Will be required to follow any current or future site COVID-19 vaccination policies including but not limited to proof of vaccination, weekly testing, etc.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.