Fitness Floor Attendant
on-call, fill in as needed
Looking to get into the fitness industry, then this is the opportunity for you. HealthFitness has a new opportunity for an
on-call (number of hours per week based on demand) Fitness Floor Attendant to join our team within our client's corporate fitness center located in Warwick, RI! In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision and interacting with members and program participants within the fitness center.
There are other HealthFitness locations in the area, which allows for opportunities for additional income!
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Manages front desk and membership system
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times.
- Understand and execute the Emergency Medical Procedures throughout the facility.
- Demonstrate and instruct on the proper use of exercise equipment.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Adult CPR/AED & First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or the American Safety & Health Institute will be required within first 30 days of hire.
- Prior fitness and customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Computer application knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
- Physical demands require having the ability to lift 25-45 lb. weights for restacking.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Will be required to follow any current or future site COVID-19 vaccination policies including but not limited to proof of vaccination, weekly testing, etc.