Fitness Program Coordinator, West Greenwich, RI
Full Time, Full Benefits Package/PTO, Paid Holidays
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Your impact on our members:
If you are a passionate fitness professional looking for a leadership opportunity, please introduce yourself to our team! We are seeking a talented Fitness Program Coordinator (FPC) to support our corporate client site in West Greenwich, RI. In this position, you will have the opportunity to put your creative talents to use in an impactful way. You will provide a wide range of services including the development, planning, coordination, marketing and/or implementation of designated health and fitness programs and events. You will also manage program delivery process, monitor quality, gather program outcomes data and measure results. You may also instruct group exercise classes; conduct personal training and fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline and 1+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NETA required within 90 days of hire.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider required.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription if applicable.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401K-including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.