Group Exercise Coordinator - Indianapolis, IN
HealthFitness is looking an experienced team player to be the Group Exercise Coordinator at our corporate client site located off Highway 69 in Northern Indianapolis, IN. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, marketing and implementation of the group exercise program and events, maximizing participation and engagement. You will also manage program delivery process and teams, ensure all staff are properly trained, monitor quality, and report on program outcomes. The GX Coordinator also performs other staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes, personal training, conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, orientations, and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. Monday-Friday schedule approximately 10AM-6PM.
What this role does:
- Oversees all programming within designated areas. Develops, coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates health and fitness programs within specified program areas to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction and supervision of programs, services and staff. Ensures staff is properly trained and certified.
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client’s business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies. Coordinates marketing of programs to maximize outreach and engagement.
- Gathers program outcomes data and measures results. Evaluates and reports on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and makes recommendations for future program enhancements or modifications.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational materials.
- Participates in business planning and budgeting process relating to program and service offerings in their area of expertise.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction. Educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.