Position: Group Fitness Manager
Department: Fitness and Wellness
Supervisor: Fitness and Wellness Director
About the club: The Chevy Chase Club is a traditional private club located 1/2 mile north of DC in Chevy Chase, MD. Open 7 days a week, 12 months per year, the 130-year-old, member-owned club has 2,400 member families. Facilities include an 80, 000 square foot clubhouse, including member dining and private function rooms, a casual high-volume clubhouse restaurant with eight duckpin bowling lanes and an ice hockey rink, an 18-hole golf course and golf practice facility, 17 outdoor tennis courts, 7 paddle tennis courts, 4 indoor tennis courts, 15,000 sq. ft. fitness center, 3 swimming pools, 18 overnight guest rooms,nature trail, and greenhouses.
Position Summary (Essential Function)
We are seeking an energetic, creative, and, enthusiastic Group Fitness Manager to join the Chevy Chase Club Fitness team. The Group Fitness Manager is responsible for leading all group fitness operations at the club and initiating innovative programming to increase group fitness participation. He/she will teach a pre-established number of classes and train a pre-established number of personal training clients weekly. The remaining time shall be devoted to administrative tasks associated with the position.
Candidates must possess exemplary customer service skills, a positive, upbeat and friendly personality, as well as positive and effective interpersonal communication skills. The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
· Current CPR/AED certification, nationally accredited group fitness certification(s) and nationally accredited personal training certification.
· Ability to teach an array of group exercise classes such as: spinning, HIIT, dance fitness, boot-camp, yoga, Pilates mat and functional fitness.
- Minimum five years of experience as a group fitness instructor and personal trainer.
- Be an enthusiastic, friendly, and effective leader with the ability to recruit, hire, direct, and manage staff.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Proficient computer skills including email, spreadsheets, word processing, and online databases.
- Management experience preferred.
- 4-year college degree in exercise science or fitness-related field preferred.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Full-time, year-round, 401(k), health benefits, continued education reimbursement, compensation commensurate with experience – base salary and commission from all classes and personal training services billed. Submit your resume and complete an application at chevychaseclub.org/careers