If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, come join our fantastic team as a
Health Fitness Professional in Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC!
Full-time/40 hrs/wk: Monday-Friday, shifts will vary, facility hours are 6am-8pm
Explore what it’s like to be a Fitness Professional with HealthFitness:
Health Fitness Professional from HealthFitness on Vimeo.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members through the coordination, implementation, and/or delivery of health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities. In addition to the 12,000 sq. ft. fitness center, this site also hosts a recreation program. Outside we have basketball and pickleball courts, beach volleyball and frisbee golf.
In this role, you will have multiple way to get involved:
- Provides strong customer service skills while monitoring the fitness center; duties include but not limited to assisting with memberships, scheduling fitness/wellness services, handling concerns and effective communication.
- Teaches group exercise classes, provides personal training services, conducts fitness testing and other fitness services.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and site-specific health and wellness programs and services. Delivers program outcomes in monthly reporting.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts fitness/wellness education seminars/presentations.
- Participants in in-house skills development trainings related to health, wellness, and customer service.
- Promotes all our program offerings and helps with outreach to increase participation.
- Other duties as-needed/assigned.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Associate's degree or higher in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) OR the equivalent combination of education, industry experience and current certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current Adult CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required prior to hire.
- Current Adult First Aid certification from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute; if not current, will be required within 3 months of hire.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider; if not current, will be required within 90 days of hire.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT or NETA; if not current, will be required within 60 days of hire.
Come join HealthFitness! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. Our comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401K-including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
Keywords: specialist, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, entry level, college grad, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic trainer, CPT, ATC