Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members through the coordination, implementation, and/or delivery of health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction, monitor fitness facility and conduct fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of the results and designing individualized programs to meet the members’ interests, abilities and goals. Client site is off of the 405 freeway and 10 minutes away from UCLA.
Substitute hours will vary from Monday - Friday between the hours of 6:00am-8:00pm. Schedule can be flexible. Opportunity to sub 1-2 group exercise classes per shift.
What you’ll bring with you:
· Associate's degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or the equivalent combination of education, industry experience and current certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
· Current Adult First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
· Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT or NETA.
· Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
· This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Compensation: $20/Hour - $22/Hour. Pay is dependent on experience and qualifications.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.