If you are passionate about fitness and looking for casual part-time employment, come join our fantastic team as an on-call/as-needed/substitute (# of hours depends on demand) Health Fitness Professional in Santa Clara, CA!
Explore what it’s like to be a Fitness Professional with HealthFitness:
Health Fitness Professional from HealthFitness on Vimeo.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members by providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will instruct group exercise classes; provide personal training; conduct fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provide fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or 2+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current Adult CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription is a plus.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Compensation: $18/Hour - $20/Hour. Pay is dependent on experience and qualifications.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
Keywords: specialist, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, entry level, college grad, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic trainer, CPT, ATC