If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, come join our fantastic team as a
Health Fitness Professional in Mettawa/Lake Forest, IL!
Hours: M & W 5:15am-1:45pm, Tu & Th 11am-7:30pm and alternating shifts on Fridays
**In this role, you will have added earning potential of up to 20% of your base salary through personal training commission**
Explore what it’s like to be a Fitness Professional with HealthFitness:
Health Fitness Professional from HealthFitness on Vimeo.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction onsite and virtually; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments onsite and virtually and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/webinars.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters, Microsoft Teams posts, and other marketing & communication materials.
- Coordinates internship program; oversees the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student interns.
What you bring with you:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or the equivalent combination of education, industry experience and current certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Adult First Aid and CPR/AED certification through American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider; if not current, will be required within 6 months of hire. (Certification eligible for reimbursement program. If your employment terminates for any reason within one year of receiving reimbursement, you will owe HealthFitness any monies that have been paid to you under this program in the 12 months preceding your termination.)
- Group Exercise Instructor certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT or NETA; if not current, will be required within 6 months of hire. (Certification eligible for reimbursement program. If your employment terminates for any reason within one year of receiving reimbursement, you will owe HealthFitness any monies that have been paid to you under this program in the 12 months preceding your termination.)
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
- Will be required to follow any current or future site COVID-19 vaccination policies including but not limited to proof of vaccination, weekly testing, etc.
Come join HealthFitness! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. HealthFitness benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401K-including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or email@example.com for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
Keywords: specialist, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, entry level, college grad, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic trainer, CPT, ATC