If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, come join our fantastic team as a
Health Fitness Professional in Thousand Oaks, CA!
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members through the coordination, implementation, and/or delivery of health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction, monitor fitness facility and conduct fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of the results and designing individualized programs to meet the members’ interests, abilities and goals. Other duties as-needed/assigned.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, no weekends!
What you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or the equivalent combination of education, industry experience and current certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current Adult First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required by start date.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT or NETA required within 90 days of hire.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider required.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Come join HealthFitness! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. Our comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401K-including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.
Compensation: $17.75 - $21.00 per hour. Pay is dependent on experience and qualifications.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.