New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands is a long-standing, dynamic fitness club brand with locations in the Northeast, Florida and Switzerland. We consider ourselves your local neighborhood gym! It is our goal to provide our members with fitness results, positive change and personal connections through innovative programming and knowledgeable staff.
Our mission is to “Make Today Matter”. We work with passion and integrity, and we always treat others with appreciation and respect. We are a diverse community committed to being better today than we were yesterday, and better tomorrow than we were today. The New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands community is bonded by a common vision with the objective of being the employer destination of choice and strongest fitness brand. Our purpose is to help others be their best. We achieve this through our Five Agreements: Be welcoming, Listen with care, Learn from failure, Celebrate success, and Make excellence a habit every day.
The Group Exercise Instructor position contributes to NYSC and our family of brands’ success by promoting the club and company, introducing members to the joys of group exercise classes and maintaining a positive experience for increased member retention. As the “Ambassador of NYSC and our family of brands’ Brand Experience,” the Group Exercise Instructor is required to model and promote NYSC and our family of brands’ Mission and Fitness Vision through proper appearance and by engaging our members in fun, inspiring, effective and safe classes that will enhance their member experience. Group Exercise Instructors report to both the Group Exercise Team Leader and the management teams at the clubs where they teach.
· Continuously modeling and promoting the NYSC and our family of brands mission, mission statement, and values with pride and integrity.
· Providing a legendary member experience by consistently executing the Five Agreements.
· Reviewing and adhering to all NYSC and our family of brands documents including but not limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
· Delivering group exercise classes that are motivating and entertaining.
· Elevating the member experience by actively engaging with members in the group exercise studio to enhance their fitness journey.
· Effectively conducting inspiring classes that begin and end on time, are effective, and safe in nature.
· Upholding the integrity of all class formats by adhering to established standards.
· Classes starting and ending on time. Should be in studio and ready for class 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
· Ensuring studio equipment is maintained and the studio meets or exceeds safety and functional standards.
· Communicating equipment needs to club management.
· Documenting all health risk concerns and incidents and reporting to management.
· Ensuring all Group Exercise and CPR/AED certifications are maintained.
· Utilizing online class registration and payroll systems to accurately record class attendance and payroll hours.
· Positively promoting class registration and other club initiatives as communicated by the Group Exercise Team Leaders and club management teams.
· Maintaining positive interactions with team members, members, and guests.
· Learning team member roles and acknowledging a job well done.
· Communicating effectively with management.
· Reporting any repairs or supplies needed.
· Encouraging members to register online for classes.
· Promoting personal training programs.
· Asking members to bring a friend to class in an effort to drive new guests and business into the club.
· Asking managers to observe your class for feedback.
· Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· The ability to motivate others to lead a healthy lifestyle. Public speaking capabilities, patience, general knowledge of exercise science and safe fitness practices.
· Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system, timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the business needs of the customer and NYSC and our family of brands.
· NYSC and our family of brands approved certification for any class being taught. (Please refer to the Group Exercise Performance and Pay Policy for an approved list.)
· Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
· Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting (e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to the employee by the company.