About the Job
Keeps the pool and surrounding area safe, and appropriately responds to emergencies that may occur. Responsible for keeping various aspects of the pool area in order, including the office, equipment room and deck. Presents a positive, enthusiastic and caring attitude to a diversified population of members and staff. Knows and exhibits the YMCA mission through programs that strive for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Must be scheduled to open at least one shift per week per season (up to 3 months) to receive opening lifeguard pay rate.
Full-time and Part-time opportunities may exist.
Salary range: $21.00 to $26.40 per hour
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must be available early mornings, afternoons, weekends
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with members, staff and volunteers
- Current Lifeguard Certification, Y-approved CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen certification
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Previous Aquatics experience
- Bilingual skills in Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish