Membership & Customer Service Supervisor, Bethel, AK
Full-time (30-40 hours per week) with comprehensive benefits & PTO
The YK Fitness Center, managed by HealthFitness, has a great opportunity for a "people savvy" Membership & Customer Service Supervisor to facilitate member management and reporting. In this role you will help lead, develop and supervise the YK Fitness Center Operations team including front desk staff, facility attendants, and lifeguards.
This supervisory role offers competitive pay and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of rural Alaskans! Candidates should have a background in membership management, experience providing excellent customer service, and be skilled at motivating and engaging staff and community members. Closing shift availability is needed to accommodate peak facility usage & the schedule will include evening and weekend hours. You'll also assist and supervise the Lifeguard staff and must be able to become Lifeguard certified within 90 days of hire.
Bethel, Alaska is a community of roughly 6,500 people, located at the mouth of the Kuskokwim River, 40 miles inland from the Bering Sea and 400 air miles West of Anchorage. First established by Yup'ik Eskimos, Bethel is now the largest community in Western Alaska and the 9th largest in the State of Alaska. Accessible only by air and by river, Bethel functions as the transportation and service hub for the 56 villages that make up the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta Region (YKDelta). The YK Fitness Center is the only public recreational facility in Bethel and is an essential part of the health, safety and wellbeing of the Bethel community.
We are looking for strategic thinkers, innovators, team players and leaders who align with our purpose of improving the health and wellbeing of those we serve. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Membership operations and customer service including member engagement and marketing.
- Operations staff scheduling, supervision and backup coverage for 12 direct reports.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What You'll Need:
- 1+ years of management experience working in membership services, direct customer service, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience providing positive leadership, development, and supervision for front line staff.
- Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- Lifeguard certification required within 90 days of hire (pre-requisite swim skills may be tested during on-site interview).
- Safe Serve or Alaska Food Workers Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Strong computer literacy and organizational skills. Comfort using a variety of software including Microsoft Office, Point of Sale (CivicRec), Staff Scheduling (SubItUp), etc.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, customer service focused lens, and a proven ability to lead, develop, and supervise front line staff.
- Positive attitude and the ability to positively engage patrons.
- Excellent verbal, written, and workload prioritization skills.
- Ideal candidates will have direct experience in a recreational setting & 3+ years of experience with member management and leadership of multi-generational staff members.
- Will be required to follow any current or future site COVID-19 vaccination policies including but not limited to proof of vaccination, weekly testing, etc.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401k including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more. We also offer a Wellness Program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran