We are looking for an energetic, fun, and enthusiastic On-Call Exercise Specialist that is passionate about supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high profile Fortune 500 company’s fitness center located in New Haven, CT.
- Conduct on-going fitness consultations for participants, including movement screens, needs analysis, and goal setting in order to recommend appropriate fitness programming and complementary wellness services.
- Develop comprehensive progressive fitness programming to support and motivate participants and ensure a positive overall experience.
- Monitor, engage and instruct participants in the fitness center on safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility, and strength training equipment within the facility.
- Educate participants on clinically proven health and fitness information, available fitness and engagement programming, and complementary wellness services.
- Maintain positive customer/client experience by providing the highest quality of service.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or in a related field and/or NCCA accredited Personal Training certification.
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Current knowledge and industry standards of excellence in exercise testing (assessments) and exercise prescription (program design).
- Knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, Kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc.
- Knowledge about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Plus One, an Optum Company will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.