If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, come join our team as a part-time (15 hours per week) Health Fitness Professional in The Woodlands, TX!
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our corporate fitness members through the coordination, implementation, and delivery of health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction, monitor fitness facility and conduct fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of the results and designing individualized programs to meet the members’ interests, abilities and goals. Onsite schedule: Tuesday-Thursday 9:30AM-2:30PM. Located near The Woodlands Mall.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide individual and group exercise instruction. Educate participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Supervise facility and interacts with participants. Monitor equipment and participant safety.
- Research health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials. Conduct health education seminars/presentations.
- Participate in membership drives to acquire new participants. Enroll new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promote program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Create and maintain bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) and/or 2+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current Adult First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Current industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, NCCPT, ACSM or NETA. Yoga & spin certs are ideal!
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
- Will be required to follow any current or future site COVID-19 vaccination policies including but not limited to proof of vaccination, weekly testing, etc.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran