About the Job
The Personal Trainer creates a meaningful and nurturing YMCA member experience by demonstrating the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
As a member of the YMCA Health & Wellness team, a Personal Trainer is responsible for working closely with individual members providing accommodation, instruction and motivation toward a healthy lifestyle in either one-on-one, semi-private or small group sessions. The trainer meets each clients’ individual needs by developing an effective and safe exercise regimen according to the clients’ goals and level of fitness, offering a wide range of choice and variation of exercises. Conducts initial client consultations, interacts with members, maintains a clean, safe environment, and follows sound exercise science protocols and guidelines. Delivers a high level of customer service and ensures a positive experience.
Salary range: $29.00 to $40.00 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Flexible schedule with a minimum 5-10 hours per week during branch operating hours, depending on the branch.
- Nationally recognized Personal Training Certification (NASM, NSCA, ACSM or ACE preferred.)
- Must have a good understanding of the YMCA movement, mission, and vision.
- Within 30 days of hire:
- Obtain Y approved CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Complete (4)Y-USA Learning and Career Development Center (LCDC) e-learnings.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of experience applying exercise science principles in a fitness environment.
- Sales or customer service experience.
- Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin language skills.