The prestigious New York Athletic Club, one of the world's premier private clubs, founded in 1868 and located on Central Park South in Manhattan is seeking a regular full-time and part-time Fitness Professional.
- Be on the floor in proper uniform and ready to work at the start of the shift
- Communicate effectively with and complete tasks assigned by the management team.
- Communicates effectively with all peers and managers
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Execute emergency procedures when necessary
- Report any incident of injury, or broken equipment to the management team.
- Perform fitness assessments, guided workouts, and other complimentary services for members.
- Providing a clean, safe, and helpful workout environment for our members.
- Be able to answer basic fitness questions and have knowledge of equipment and proper workout technique
- Be available to manage fitness desk; check out equipment and answer questions as needed.
- Make sure all weights and equipment/benches are in their proper places.
- Respond to all medical emergencies as appropriate.
- New program development, and implementation.
- Assist fitness and/or gym manager in program development, challenges, and events.
- Assist fitness and/or gym manager in administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing strategies/promotion of fitness center and gymnasium.
- Light duty cleaning and organization of fitness center and/or gym daily.
- Personal Training during your shift is limited to 3 hours a day; however, you can train as much as you want any time before or after your shift or on a day off.
- Manage to take on extra assignments/responsibilities on an as needed basis.
Forward resume and cover letter to Denise Lacen, HR Manager at email@example.com.
- Degree in Exercise Science or related field and at least 1 year experience in the fitness industry preferred but not required
- Certified Personal Trainer (national accredited organization) or currently pursuing certification
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Background in Post Rehab a plus, but not required
- Basic Computer knowledge; (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Strong Interpersonal/Communication Skills