Reimagym is Medford’s most unique boutique fitness studio. Now in our second year of business and, in spite of opening smack-dab in the middle of the pandemic, we now have over 100 active members…which means it’s time for us to find another fabulous human to help us to make more fitness magic!
Prior to joining Reimagym, most of our members had never had a positive experience with fitness. We’re able to provide our community of amazing humans with a revolutionary fitness experience because of our dedication to compassion, understanding, community and fun.
As Medford’s most welcoming and LGBTQIA-friendly fitness space, we provide progressive strength training and client-centered nutrition coaching in a delivery system of quirky imagery, subversive humor, and frequent displays of fabulosity.
We also have the cutest ‘gym dog’ on the block, so that kind of helps as well.
Reimagym exists to help people to (re)discover their own inner awesomeness so that they may live their own best and most badass lives. We are here to serve those who are most often alienated or ignored by the fitness mainstream. Embracing community, compassion and a sense of fun is the core of our approach, informing all that we do. We believe we can get 1% better every day.
About This Opportunity
We’re looking for a coach to join our delightfully nerdy (and kind of weird) fitness family. This position reports to the Head Coach (who is also the Co-owner) who will be there to provide training, support and tons of hugs (or if you prefer, positively aggressive two thumbs-ups).
This role is primarily responsible for leading, coaching, cheering-on and generally caring for our members during any of our fitness offerings (Small Group Personal Training, 1-on-1 Training and Group Fitness Classes). Additionally, this role will involve setting-up and putting away equipment and engaging in light cleaning and caring for our shared fitness home.
We’re looking for a person who is nice (and just the right kind of quirky) and who willing to learn our philosophy and our training system.
Creating a magical experience for every person who walks in our doors is an important and challenging job, so you’ll need a passion for and experience in customer service. It would be helpful if you also have some experience in coaching and personal training.
It will also be really help if you can understand why we’re more Fosse, Fosse, jazz hands and not so much with the sportsball.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Setting up and putting away equipment for each member’s training session or class.
- Acknowledging each member upon arrival.
- Teaching proper form and technique for exercises within each member’s training plan.
- Providing brief, clear and understandable instructions and cuing.
- Helping to maintain a clean and professional appearance in the studio.
The Secret Sauce:
- Assessing the strengths and needs of individuals and progressing or regressing movements accordingly.
- Creating a brave and enjoyable training setting.
- Offering coaching and feedback with compassion and kindness.
- Generally holding space for our members to be their full selves.
- Cheerleading and celebrating each member’s daily journey.
- Making magic every day with your energy and magnificent humanity.
Ideal Skill Set/Prior Experience
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM, ACE, ACSM, or NSCA preferred)
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Customer Service Experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, and incredibly dependable
- Must work well in a team environment (plays well with others)
The pay rate for this position ranges from $20/hour to $25/hour (commensurate with experience).
This is a full-time role (with a weekly schedule of somewhere between 30 and 35 hours/week). As we grow, the opportunity will be available for this to increase.
Sample shifts: weekday morning 5:45 am – 1:15 pm, weekday closing 3:45pm – 8:15pm, or Saturdays 8am – 12:15 pm. These shifts are subject to change based on business needs.
Does this all sound like a fit? Then we want YOU! Forget cover letters. If you think you’ve got what it takes, send us a 60 second video, along with your resume formatted as a PDF, explaining your relevant skills and why you want to work at Reimagym.
Email your video and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I want to make fitness magic!”
At Reimagym, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. Reimagym is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Employment with Reimagym is at-will according to MA law.