We are looking for Regional Exercise Specialist to work at multiple high-profile company’s fitness centers located in New York City.
What you will do:
- Conduct ongoing fitness consultations for participants, including movement screens, needs analyses and goal setting, in order to recommend appropriate fitness programming and complementary wellness services.
- Develop comprehensive progressive fitness programming to support and motivate participants and ensure a positive overall experience.
- Monitor, engage and instruct participants in the fitness center on the safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment within the facility.
- Educate participants on clinically proven health and fitness information, available fitness and engagement programming and complementary wellness services.
- Complete internal development courses through a learning management platform.
- Maintain positive customer and client experience by providing the highest quality of service.
What we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology or a related field, or a NCCA-accredited personal training certification.
- Abilility to travel to local sites within the NYC region.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Industry knowledge in exercise testing (assessments) and exercise prescription (program design), and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment.
- Ability to network, engage and interact with all clients, guests and members.
- Competence with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Plus One, an Optum Company will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations, as well as all client requirements, and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. These services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company include:
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for career growth nationwide
- Energetic atmosphere that promotes a work/life balance with a flexible schedule and weekends off
- Health and life insurance for eligible team members
- Disability and voluntary benefits for eligible team members
- Paid time off for eligible team members
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities with functional training areas and top-of-the line strength and cardio equipment
- Continuous internal growth and career development with free continuing education opportunities and credits
- Complimentary CPR/AED re-certification
- Exclusive company discounts on select services, products, conferences and events
- Qualified transportation and parking benefit
Plus One, an Optum company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR department at email@example.com.
For residents of New York City and Colorado only: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $15 to $25. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.