About the Job
Provides swim lesson instruction to a diverse population using national YMCA principles and program models. Instructors are asked to demonstrate the YMCA Mission and Guidelines. Fundamental knowledge in aquatics is critical to the success of this position. National YMCA Swim Program training certificates are preferred within 90 days or upon first available training.
Salary range: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must available early mornings, afternoons, weekends
- Current YMCA approved certifications in: CPR, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with members, staff and volunteers
- Significant knowledge of swimming/aquatics, previous experience in competitive swimming
- Bilingual skills in Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish
- Additional certifications (YASA, ARC Lifeguard, YMCA Lifeguard, ARC WSI, USA Swimming Coach, ASCA
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.