We are conducting a search for a Vice President of Group Fitness & Programming based out of Virginia. Our client is a world-class fitness club and has multiple clubs in three states, and is more than just a gym. They are diverse and passionate about their community and believe strongly in putting people first. Come join an organization that has a supportive team environment with a great culture and friendly environment. We are seeking a dynamic individual who has a proven track record of success building and leading teams and is seeking to be part of a fun and positive team.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to communicate effectively, have superior customer service skills, and strong leadership skills; someone who can demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude; and most of all, someone who has a passion for fitness. This is a great career move for the right individual!
As the VP of of Group Fitness & Programming, you will be developing and overseeing a comprehensive group of exercise programs to ensure professional, high-quality, safe, and innovative programs at all our client's locations. This is a high-profile role that significantly contributes to each member's experience as well as the overall success of each club's fitness program.
- Create new branded classes that are unique to our clubs and allow for new opportunities for our instructors and members.
- Develop, identify, and maintain branded programs for consistency of implementation at clubs where the programs do not exist and quality adherence at clubs where branded programs are offered.
- Work with Group Exercise Directors regarding their member participation numbers and provide guidance for the most efficient scheduling.
- Work closely with the VP of Personal Training to develop member group training and fitness opportunities to provide an additional revenue source for the clubs.
- Develop and maintain a robust onboarding and mentoring program for new instructors.
- Create and implement a formal performance appraisal process to be utilized by each club to successfully monitor each instructor’s performance and exceptional delivery of fitness programming.
- Conduct quarterly on-site visits to all facilities and hold club meetings with Group Ex Directors, GMs, and Personal Training (PT) Directors.
- Personally conduct on-site walkthroughs to ensure that fitness equipment and group exercise rooms are meeting standards and promoting the brand.
- 5+ years' experience in a Group Exercise Director role
- 5+ years’ experience instructing land and water classes
- Experience in training and cultivating new instructors
- Experience in creating and training new formats of group exercise programs
- In-depth knowledge of group fitness programming design and implementation