About the Job
The Bayview Hunters Point YMCA has a pivotal role in addressing some of the major challenges faced by San Franciscans, including chronic disease prevention, substance abuse, elderly isolation, weak educational achievement, and productive after school activities for kids. Under the general direction of the Senior Community Health and Wellness Director, the Wellness Coordinator will coordinate, supervise and maintain fitness programming and instructors under the Community Health and Wellness Division of the Bayview Hunters Point YMCA. This position requires light database entry and will work 20% administrative capacity and 80% in a direct service capacity.
Salary range: $21.00 to $28.00 per hour
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 + years of experience in customer service and coordinating fitness activities for the Active Older Adult (AOA) community
- Must be available for variant shifts, program activities and events in the morning, evening and/or weekend
- Outgoing, friendly and comfortable speaking in public
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Ability to handle challenging interpersonal interactions or strong emotions in others.
- Skilled at handling a variety of tasks simultaneously with strong attention to details
- Innovative and creative spirit.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- YSF approved CPR/AED/First Aid certification within 30 days of hire
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- Experience and certification in Group Exercise class instruction (e.g. NASM, AFAA, NESTA, ACE, Zumba®, Ujam®, Schwinn®, etc.) or as a Personal Trainer