Invites new and existing members into the wellness experience through scheduled equipment orientations, wellness area walkthroughs, and authentic member engagement efforts. The Wellness Experience Specialist oversees the general cleanliness, safety and maintenance of all fitness areas and equipment, as well as ensuring rules and regulations are being re-enforced at all times.
Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors and healthy living practices.
Ensures that all Wellness areas (i.e. main equipment floor, studios) are clean, orderly, welcoming, and adequately stocked to provide for members’ needs.
Recognizes and communicates efficiently with branch leaders and members when equipment is not in proper working order and reports any additional safety concerns immediately as they arise.
Makes members feel welcome by learning and using their names; assists members by finding answers to their questions.
Helps members to connect with one another to form friendships.
Scans membership cards of all entering the building; makes members feel welcome by learning and using their names when they enter and exit facility; grants access to facility
Provides information about the Y (including membership, program, facility, services, financial assistance, etc.) to callers, guests and members.
Processes membership sales, information updates, and program registrations as needed.
Assists branch leadership team in daily activities and special events as needed.
Attends all training and staff meetings as required.
Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
Level 2 Duties Also Include The Following:
Demonstrates proper use of equipment in the wellness center; observes the member’s use of equipment and detects/corrects activities that may not contribute to goal achievement.
Leads new member onboarding programs that are specifically designed by the YMCA to support and build autonomy for participants across their lifespan (i.e. Iron Teens, Youth Conditioning, Wellness Coaching, Wellness Challenges, etc.)
Discusses goals and interests with members; provides recommendations for potential next steps at the Y in their journey through healthy living.
Supports members by checking in on their goal progress regularly (both formally and informally); documents the progress as needed using appropriate tools and/or databases.
Collaborates with Executive Director and Membership Lead to support MOD coverage at the branch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma and at least one year of related experience and/or training
- Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Basic computer skills such as knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Must complete all required Welcome Desk and Daxko trainings in first 30 days
- CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 certifications must be obtained within 90 days
- Must keep certifications current throughout employment.
- All staff must complete the Y’s safety training through their Kronos checklist and all applicable paperwork in the checklist prior to their first day of work.
QUALIFICATIONS- L2 (Additional):
- High school diploma and at least two years of post-high school coursework in a Health Sciences field; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current NCCA- Accredited Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor certification
- ACE Health Coach certification preferred