We are looking for a motivated and team-oriented Director of Personal Training with a passion for people and supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high profile company’s fitness center located in Spring, TX (The Woodlands).
- Ensures that all Exercise Specialists and Personal Trainers are developing and executing best practices in accordance with industry standards and Workplace Well-being operational guidelines.
- Collaborate with other team members and corporate partners to drive sales and marketing initiatives that increase interest, new sales opportunities, and revenue for Workplace Well-being products and services.
- Proactively manage on-boarding of Exercise Specialists, and Personal Trainers.
- Develop team members in the areas of coaching behavior change, business building, goal setting, and sales, and retention to provide effective feedback for professional growth.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or in a related field and/or NCCA accredited Personal Training certification.
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- One year experience in a Personal Training Manager or Director role.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the fitness industry administering fitness evaluations and assessments, and exercise program development.
- Knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, Kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc.
- Knowledge about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. Our services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company*:
Health and financial:
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Wellness rewards program
- Free memberships to various fitness facilities and wellness subscriptions
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
Growth and development:
- Free professional development courses through internal learning management systems
- Discounted certifications through industry leading agencies
- Free CPR/AED certifications
- Free continuing education courses and credits
- Employee Referral Reward program
*Please note, some of the benefits listed above are only available to team members who work full time hours.
Equal opportunity statement
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Plus One, an Optum Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City, and Washington only: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $19.50 to $35. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.