Personal Trainer

Job Posted 5/23/2024
Barbell Jobs
Amarillo, TX 79106
United States
Category Personal Trainer
Experience Required
Exercise / Fitness
Job Start Date
Job End Date
Application Closing Date
$22.00 to $28.00 Per Hour
Job Description

You got into training because you love helping people realize their potential and positively impact their health for the long term. . . NOT because you enjoy making cold calls and meeting quotas, right?

What if you could have a job where that was possible?

10 years ago Custom Fitness was opened with those very things (and more) in mind. Hi, my name is Kris Stokes and I’ve been a fitness professional in Amarillo for more than 20 years. It is my personal passion as an employer to provide a space for other fitness professionals to make a career out of personal training rather than another hobby and to provide the opportunity for growth through mentorship and education.

We have been blessed over the past several months with an influx of new clients and are now looking for the next professional to add to our team. Is it you?

We're looking for an Energetic, Customer Service Focused, Self-Motivated Person Who Will Excel in an Team Environment

We're really looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:

  • Has integrity in everything they do
  • Pays close attention to detail
  • Self-motivated
  • Takes initiative.
  • Enjoys working with people(both one-on-one and in small groups)
  • Is excited to keep learning
  • Wants to help to grow our business
  • Wants to leave a legacy and change people's lives

WARNING: Working in a small business is quite different than working for a "regular company." We're looking for someone who has a strong desire to constantly get better, is creative, and can be flexible with demands.

For experience, we're looking for someone that has strong customer service skills and has had and enjoyed “people” jobs in the past.

For requirements, we don't NEED you to have a college degree or anything like that, amazing trainers can start with a base level certification and a working knowledge of biomechanics / anatomy & physiology of the human body.

What’s in it for you?

  • No cold calls
  • No weekly quotas
  • Working as a team rather than as “dogs fighting over a bone”
  • Your opinion and experience matters
  • Receiving consistent and regular mentorship from a seasoned professional of over 20 years
  • Work a flexible schedule
  • Options to build your part time schedule into a full time schedule
  • 30 minute training sessions
  • One-on-one, semi-private and small group training opportunities
  • A studio that puts the client’s needs first
  • Ability to take time off without losing or upsetting clients
  • Proven systems that provide results

Who would you be working with?

Our clientele consists of approximately 85% female and 15% male with approximately 90% being over the age of 50. Our clients are looking for an environment that is non judgmental, not intimidating and supportive. They typically want to feel great, move great and enjoy life. While some do have goals of weight loss, we no longer measure that with metrics (outside of rare situations) due to the negative mindset it creates and instead choose to focus on building habits and paying attention to strength & mobility factors that can be more easily celebrated.

Of our clientele, approximately 80% are working with us to resolve or prevent physical pain. Therefore corrective exercise is a large portion of our business. The other 20% participate in classic personal training working towards their specific and unique goals.


This is NOT a corporate type of job. We are an entrepreneurial small business. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough, we expect our team to give 110% every day. Custom Fitness is everything to us.

We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing GREAT work and contributing to the growth of the business.